Friday, March 25, 2011
Tour of the Battenkill pre-ride
Took the ride up to Cambridge, NY this past Sunday for another look at the Tour of the Battenkill course. It is an all new course this year with 64 miles for my particular race. I had a good ride and thought it was a fun course with lots of climbing, about 4000 ft, actually. I enjoy climbing so I feel like I have an advantage on a course like this, but only time will tell. I was able to catch a ride up there with some of the Gotham Bikes boys, which was much appreciated. Unfortunately, one of them crashed and broke his collarbone. He seemed like a nice guy so that was a damper on an otherwise great day for me. There was a good turnout for the ride but not nearly the 2200 that are signed up for the race. Obviously I would have liked to get a look at some of those guys I will race against. The only good news is they haven't seen me yet either so there will be surprises going both ways I suppose. Got my machine working well, got my legs feeling strong, I feel confident, all that is left is to go out there and perform on April 10th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment