Monday, February 21, 2011
Another Snowy Day
As a cyclist, I should be staring out of my window at the snow and long for the day when I can jump on the bike and go for a long ride...or should I? For myself, it is a bit of a blessing to not have any distractions and to be able to just pound out intervals on my trainer, when and how they are prescribed. Training indoors is very structured and controlled whereas training outside you have to contend with traffic, weather, and your buddies who want to hammer to the next sign post every chance they get. Maybe you are like me and have some friends that want you to go with them for that same old loop at that same old pace where nobody is improving, at best, maybe maintaining some fitness. I say, let it snow! Everyone else can stare out of their window. I will be staring at a wall in my basement thinking about dropping all of the back benchers on the hills or out in the wind on the flats come spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment