Sunday, February 27, 2011

Early Season Races

There are so many races to do in the Northeast, unfortunately none of which are anywhere near the east end of Long Island, where I am currently being held hostage. I put myself in a bit of a jam. I want to be cat 4 as soon as possible, but need a couple more races to get there still. I can't upgrade until after the Battenkill because if I give up my spot in my group, I may not get to race at all. I decided I will race a couple of early races in NYC. There is a NYC Spring Bike Race Series held in Central park and also Prospect park. Looks like it should be fun, cold, but fun. The start is March 6 at around 6:30 A.M. It is what it is though and I really don't have much of a choice here if I want to upgrade and be racing cat 4 most of this year. I am just looking to get some racing in before the big races get here. This seems like a well put together series, so I think I will try to race a few of these if my schedule permits. Although, logistically it looks like a nightmare getting there from Long Island and then having to park on the street. Hopefully there will be some fast guys there so I can test how my training is going thus far. I feel great and have loads of power, but racing is different than training and the only way to know for sure is to race. Well, if the weather holds out, I should have some actual racing to talk about in about a week. Keep training hard everyone, and who knows, maybe I will even see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment